Change the world by changing minds. Help AFSers and your community appreciate and celebrate cultural differences.
2 weeks Volunteer Exchange Program to Russia
AFS Intercultural Programs India is offering this 2 weeks Volunteer Exchange Program to its Volunteers as a gesture of gratitude for their contribution to the organization.
Under this Exchange, the volunteers are provided an opportunity to visit an AFS Partner Country, stay there and experience the culture of that country. They will live with a host family, meet the volunteers/ teachers/ host students, go for sight-seeing, undertake school visits and do presentations, understand the differences and enjoy their stay in a different cultural environment. AFS believes, this opportunity will be a motivation for the volunteers to work hard and grow, furthering the growth of the organization.
- Hosting by Russia– late September-early October
- Hosting in India – late October- early November
Place– Kirov region in Russia. Nearest airport- Domodedovo airport, Moscow. It’s a 2-hour flight from Moscow or a 12-hour train ride. *
Program Duration – 2 weeks
- One has to be a registered volunteer and active – both at local level and/or national level
- Should be willing to take part in both hosting and sending on the Volunteer Exchange
- Preference will be given to those who have not participated in any exchange program earlier
- One has to continue being active in the chapter for a minimum of 1 year after attending this Volunteer Exchange Program
- Should have filled “AFS and You form”.
- The Agenda and Eligibility criteria are subject to changes depending on the requirement of the partner country
- The volunteer is responsible for all the expenses which include travel, visa and other incidental costs
- The volunteer is required to share a report about the exchange upon their return from the program as well as after completion of hosting participants from partner country
In case if you are interested, please fill the APPLICATION FORM and share with Priya Bhattacharya (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Aadil Fahim (email@example.com) by 30th April, 2017. The forms received beyond the deadline will not be entertained.
Please also note that the initial screening would be done by the national office and only the shortlisted volunteers will be intimated.
*From Moscow it takes hours to reach Kirov region. Cost involved- 100 to 200 USD extra depending on the class of travel and the way chosen (train/plane) for a round trip. You can have extra days in Moscow or Saint Petersburg at your own expense. AFS Russia can help you to plan activities.
Please share your application forms by 30th April, 2017.